Wednesday, January 20, 2010

The Buried Life

"To every person in the world that doesn't have a pair of shoes- I wanna put a pair of shoes on them. Why? Because I wanna be the soul of America."

Watching the season premiere of MTV's The Buried Life didn't exactly inspire me, seeing as I've already made a list of 100 things I wanted to do before I die. (Which later turned into a list of 250 things I wanted to do before I die.) It did, however, encourage me to go back and re-read that list. I've now completed 88 of the 250 things I originally listed in July of 2007, but I've decided to recap on that list. Many of the things I listed were humorous, others were slightly immature, and some were just a little too extreme. My new list is much more reserved: much, much, much shorter, and definitely a lot more simple. Original, if you must.

The most important things on my new list of
Things To Do Before I die:
- Have an amazing, magical proposal.
Who doesn't want their proposal to me amazing and magical? My future marriage is bound to be one of the biggest blessings in my lifetime, and I am ever-so-patiently awaiting the day of my proposal. It will be epic.
- Look into my child's eyes, see myself, and smile.
Kids are one of my truest passions in life and I can not stress this enough. I see family as such a beautiful thing: The purest, truest form of love, and I absolutely can not wait to have a family of my own.
-Learn to disagree without being disagreeable.
I want to continue to argue my points. I want to stand up for myself and what I believe in, but I want to do-so in a more genuine manner. I'd like to be admired for my persistance and my stronghold, while being open to others' opinions and understanding all at the same time.

I still want to accomplish most of the things on my original list from 2007. The things mentioned above are just the ones that meant the most to me.

Have a list of things you want to do before you die?
I'd really enjoy hearing about others' lists, and what ranks highest in importance on their list as well.

3 comments:

  1. A couple things I'd love to accomplish before I die:
    1. Discover true love, whether it's felt by me or seen from afar.
    2. Sky dive - the exhilaration when your stomach feels like it's falling out of the sky. That would be the best part :)
    -Moccasins

    ReplyDelete
  2. You mean to tell me that you've never experienced and/or seen true love before?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not actually that old yet so it's not so common at my age to experience true love yet...but I'm hoping age is just a number.
    So no, I have never experienced or seen true love before.
    -Moccasins

    ReplyDelete